Starfall castle by Hector Ortiz. © Fantasy Flight Games
|Religion||Faith of the Seven|
Starfall is a castle in Dorne and is the ancestral seat of House Dayne. It is located in the western Red Mountains on an island in the Torentine where it pours into the Summer Sea. Starfall, which includes a tower called the Palestone Sword, guards the western arm of Dorne. Northeast of Starfall is High Hermitage, the seat of a Dayne cadet branch.
According to legend, Starfall was built where the first Dayne found a magic stone after he followed the path of a shooting star. The Daynes grew in power to become the Kings of the Torrentine and one of the strongest houses of Dorne.
In the aftermath of Robert's Rebellion, Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, perished at the Tower of Joy. When Lord Eddard Stark returned Arthur's sword, the ancestral blade Dawn, to Starfall, Arthur's sister Ashara threw herself from the castle's Palestone Sword tower.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 6, Catelyn II.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, Guardians of Order
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Kingdoms of the First Men.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Dorne Against the Dragons.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 70, Tyrion X.