From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (Appears)|
A Clash of Kings (Mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (Appears)
A Feast for Crows (Mentioned)
Appearance & Character
Ser Marq is young and hot-headed.
A Game of Thrones
After their fathers are defeated at the Battle of the Golden Tooth, Marq and Ser Karyl Vance begin launching raids across the Red Fork of the Trident to disrupt the Lannister supply lines, hampering Jaime Lannister's siege of Riverrun.
They continue raids until Robb Stark arrives and breaks the siege with the Battle of the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. The loss of the Lannister outriders was thought to be due to Marq, and so it was not realized that the host lead by Robb was approaching Riverrun.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Marq is one of the seven nobles who launch Lord Hoster Tully's funeral boat. He is among the nobles from the Riverlands who accompany Edmure to his wedding at the Twins. During the Red Wedding, he plays a drinking game with Ser Danwell Frey.
A Feast for Crows
Marq is held at the Twins after the Red Wedding, to the consternation of his father, Lord Clement Piper, who believes that his bending his knee will lead to his son being returned. That does not happen, which enrages Clement, leading him to threaten Edwyn Frey at the war council during the Siege of Riverrun.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime.