|Born||In 252–261 AC|
Ser Danwell Frey is a knight of House Frey, the eighth son of Lord Walder Frey, the third son born of Walder's marriage to Amarei Crakehall. He is married to Wynafrei Whent, with many stillbirths and miscarriages.
Ser Danwell rode in a tourney held in King's Landing in 298 AC. He was unhorsed by a hedge knight, which embarrassed his father.
A Game of Thrones
Danwell attends the Hand's tourney in King's Landing with five of his brothers. He attends Lord Walder Frey during the parley with Lady Catelyn Stark at the Twins.
A Clash of Kings
Danwell is captured by House Lannister, likely during the Battle on the Green Fork. Arya Stark observes four Freys being ransomed at Harrenhal, possibly including Danwell.
A Storm of Swords
Danwell serves with Lord Roose Bolton at Harrenhal during the War of the Five Kings. He urges Roose to ransom the captured Ser Jaime Lannister back to Riverrun.
Danwell attends the Red Wedding where he plays a drinking game with Marq Piper, who is later captured by the Freys.
A Feast for Crows
After the war, Danwell is at Darry. During dinner the conversation concerns the whereabouts of the outlaw lord Beric Dondarrion. Danwell thinks it possible that the Reeds gave Beric shelter.
|Pate of the|
- ↑ See the Danwell Frey calculation.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 59, Catelyn IX.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 30, Arya VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 31, Jaime IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.