Walda Frey (daughter of Merrett)
Illustration by Elia Fernandez©
|Alias|| Fat Walda|
|Allegiance|| House Frey|
|Born||In 283 AC or 284 AC|
|Book(s)|| A Clash of Kings (mentioned)|
A Storm of Swords (appears)
A Feast for Crows (appendix)
A Dance with Dragons (appears)
|Played by||Elizabeth Webster|
|TV series||Season 4 | Season 5|
- For other articles sharing the same title, please see this disambiguation page.
Walda Frey, known as Fat Walda, is the second daughter of Merrett Frey and a granddaughter of Lord Walder Frey, the head of House Frey. In the television adaptation Game of Thrones she is portrayed by Elizabeth Webster.
- See also: Images of Fat Walda Frey
Walda is described as a round pink butterball of a girl, with watery eyes, a huge bosom and limp yellow hair. Her voice is thin and squeaky.
A Clash of Kings
Walda weds Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort, at the Twins. While Roose holds Harrenhal, Walda frequently sends letters to him which he reads and then burns without reply. Roose allows his cupbearer "Nan", actually an incognito Arya Stark, to read the letters.
A Storm of Swords
During the feast at the Twins after the wedding of Lord Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey, Walda tells Ser Wendel Manderly she is glad to have been chosen by Roose. She leaves the hall during the bedding custom and is not present for the Red Wedding massacre.
A Dance with Dragons
Walda travels north with her husband along with his army and her kin, Ser Aenys and Ser Hosteen Frey. She meets her stepson, Ramsay Bolton, and Theon Greyjoy after the siege of Moat Cailin is resolved. At Barrowton Roose tells Theon he expects Ramsay will kill any sons birthed by Walda.
Quotes by Walda
- Walda writing to Roose Bolton
Quotes about Walda
Lady Walda is a Frey, and she has a fertile feel to her. I have become oddly fond of my fat little wife. The two before her never made a sound in bed, but this one squeals and shudders. I find that quite endearing. If she pops out sons the way she pops in tarts, the Dreadfort will soon be overrun with Boltons. Ramsay will kill them all, of course. That's for the best. I will not live long enough to see new sons to manhood, and boy lords are the bane of any House. Walda will grieve to see them die, though.
|Hosteen||Bellena Hawick||Lucias Vypren||Lythene||Symond||Betharios of Braavos||Danwell||Wynafrei Whent|
|Arwood||Ryella Royce||Damon Vypren||Elyana Vypren||Jon Wylde||Alesander||Alyx||Bradamar|
|Merrett||Mariya Darry||Geremy||Carolei Waynwood|
|Pate of the Blue Fork||Amerei||Lancel Lannister||"Fat" Walda||Roose Bolton||Marissa||"Little" Walder||Sandor||Cynthea|
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 37, Jaime V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- See the Walda Frey (daughter of Merrett) calculation.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 64, Arya X.
- A Storm of Swords, Epilogue.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 20, Reek II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 32, Reek III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 51, Theon I.