Kayce is the seat of House Kenning of Kayce in the westerlands. The castle and town are located on a peninsula south of Fair Isle and west of Casterly Rock. Feastfires is located nearby to the southwest.
Kayce was controlled by the ironborn during the era of the driftwood kings. The town was freed when Herrock the Whoreson used his horn to signal the whores of the town to open a postern gate, allowing Herrock's men to enter the town. The region was then part of the dominion of the Kings of the Rock from House Lannister.
References and Notes
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Kayce.
- ↑ A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the South
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Driftwood Crowns.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Red Kraken.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, House Lannister Under the Dragons.