House Kenning of Kayce
|House Kenning of Kayce|
|Coat of arms||
Four sunbursts counterchanged on a quartered orange and black field|
(Quarterly tenné and sable, four suns-in-splendour counterchanged)
Lord of Kayce|
Knight of Kayce (formerly)
House Kenning of Kayce was founded by Herrock Kenning, an ironborn warrior from House Kenning of Harlaw. During the decline of the driftwood kings of the ironborn, Herrock the Whoreson used his horn as a signal for the whores of Kayce to open a postern gate, allowing his men to take the town for House Lannister, the Kings of the Rock.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
A banner of House Kenning is among those gathered to escort the corpse of Tywin back to Casterly Rock from King's Landing. Ser Kennos of Kayce accompanies Ser Jaime Lannister in his campaign in the riverlands.
House Kenning of Kayce at the end of the third century
The known Kennings of Kayce during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Terrence Kenning, Lord of Kayce.
- Ser Kennos of Kayce, a knight in service to Lord Terrence.
- Herrock Kenning, the founder of the house.
- The Knight of Kayce, during the Dance of the Dragons.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Kayce.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Driftwood Crowns.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Kennos.