From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Sarsfield of Sarsfield|
|Coat of arms||a green arrow on white bend on green|
|Words||True to the Mark|
House Sarsfield of Sarsfield is a noble house from the Westerlands. It blazons its shield with a green arrow on white bend on green. According to semi-canon sources, their motto is "True to the Mark".
The Sarsfield House at the end of the third century
The known Sarsfields during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Melwyn Sarsfield
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- The Sarsfield colors were spotted by Arya Stark among Tywin Lannister's army as it left Harrenhal.
- Brienne of Tarth spied the Sarsfield arrow on one of the badges of the guards attending the gate at Maidenpool.
- The Sarsfield banner was spotted by Ser Jaime Lannister among those that escorted the corpse of Lord Tywin Lannister back to Casterly Rock.
- Sarsfield's mounted archers are among the force under Ser Jaime command leaving King's Landing to take Riverrun.
- The squire who was killed by Arya Stark at the Inn at the Crossroads was a member of House Sarsfield. His death was attributed to Sandor Clegane.
References and Notes