|House Marbrand of Ashemark|
|Coat of arms|| An orange burning tree, on a smoky field|
(Cendrée, a tree in flame tenné)
|Current Lord||Damon Marbrand|
|Heir||Ser Addam Marbrand|
A participant in the tourney at Ashford Meadow fought under the Marbrand banner during the reign of Daeron II Targaryen.. Although it is non-canon information, in the comic book adaptation of The Hedge Knight the name of Ser Denys Marbrand is given on the roll of arms.
A Game of Thrones
Among the gathered knights at the Hand's tourney is one with the arms of House Marbrand.
Ser Addam Marbrand leads the outriders of Lord Tywin Lannister's army and is considered Tywin's most daring commander. At the battle on the Green Fork, Addam commands the right wing of Tywin's army, which includes some four thousand men.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Addam gives a pair of silver spurs to King Joffrey I as a wedding present.
A Feast for Crows
Ser Jaime Lannister asks for and receives permission to take Addam with him as part of the force to resolve the siege of Riverrun. Addam commands the outriders in Jaime's force. Jaime asks Addam to test his ability to fight with the left hand, and Jaime is badly beaten.
House Marbrand at the end of the third century
The known Marbrands during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unknown relationship with the main branch, other Marbrands include:
- Darlessa Marbrand: Married to Tygett Lannister, the fourth child of Lord Tytos. Mother to Tyrek Lannister.
Willem Frey, a page or squire.
- Ser Lorent Marbrand, a knight of the Kingsguard.
- Ser Denys Marbrand, a participant of the Ashford tourney.
- Alyn Marbrand, with unknown relations to Ser Denys.
References and Notes
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ The Citadel. House Mottoes
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ The Hedge Knight.
- ↑ georgerrmartin.com: WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE SAMPLE
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Appendix: Lannister Lineage.