|House Marbrand of Ashemark|
|Coat of arms||
An orange burning tree, on a smoky field|
(Cendrée, a tree in flame tenné)
|Title||Lord of Ashemark|
|Heir||Ser Addam Marbrand|
A participant in the tourney at Ashford Meadow fought under the Marbrand banner during the reign of Daeron II Targaryen. Although it is non-canon information, in the comic book adaptation of The Hedge Knight the name of Ser Denys Marbrand is given on the roll of arms.
Jeyne Marbrand, the daughter of Lord Alyn Marbrand, wed Tytos Lannister at Casterly Rock in 235 AC. According to a semi-canon source, the Marbrands supported Lord Tytos's son, Ser Tywin Lannister, when the young knight suppressed the Reyne-Tarbeck rebellion.
A Game of Thrones
After war breaks out, Tyrion Lannister spots the burning tree of the Marbrands in the host of his father, Lord Tywin Lannister. Ser Addam Marbrand leads House Lannister's outriders. During the battle on the Green Fork, Addam commands the right wing of Tywin's army, which includes some four thousand men.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Addam is made commander of the City Watch of King's Landing by Tywin. He is among the nobles gathered to greet the Dornish party headed by Prince Oberyn Martell when they arrive at King's Landing. Addam gives a pair of silver spurs to King Joffrey I as a wedding present, but the king dies during his wedding feast.
A Feast for Crows
After the murder of Tywin, Addam's gold cloaks unsuccessfully search King's Landing for Tyrion. Jaime asks for and receives permission to take Addam with him as part of the force to resolve the siege of Riverrun. Addam commands the outriders in Jaime's force and searches for Ser Brynden Tully after the Blackfish escapes from Riverrun.
House Marbrand at the end of the third century
The known Marbrands during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unknown relationship with the main branch, other Marbrands include:
- Darlessa Marbrand: Married to Tygett Lannister, the fourth child of Lord Tytos. Mother to Tyrek Lannister.
Willem Frey, a page or squire.
- Lord Marbrand who died from the Shivers in 59 AC.
- Ser Lorent Marbrand, a knight of Viserys I Targaryen's Kingsguard and later a Lord Commander of Rhaenyra Targaryen's Queensguard.
- Ser Denys Marbrand, a participant of the tourney at Ashford Meadow.
- Lord Alyn Marbrand, with unknown relations to Ser Denys.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The Hedge Knight.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- georgerrmartin.com: WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE SAMPLE
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 59, Catelyn IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 35, Bran V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 4, Tyrion I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 8, Jaime I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny and Pain.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Lannister Lineage.