|House Prester of Feastfires|
|Coat of arms||
A red ox, on an ermine field|
(Ermine, an ox passant gules)
|Title||Lord of Feastfires|
During Lady Johanna Lannister's war against the ironborn, she hoped to retake Fair Isle from the Red Kraken, Lord Dalton Greyjoy. Lord Prester, Lord Tarbeck, and Ser Erwin Lannister were given command of ragtag fleet of fishing boats and cogs at Feastfires, but they were betrayed. The ill-fated crossing led to their deaths and Lord Prester's head was sent back to Casterly Rock.
According to a semi-canon source, Lord Tytos Lannister compelled his brother, Ser Jason, to wed Marla Prester to avoid further scandals and bastards. After the wedding, Ser Jason departed Casterly Rock to live with his wife at Feastfires. After Ser Tywin Lannister arrested Lord Walderan Tarbeck, Lady Ellyn Tarbeck captured two sons of Lord Prester, two Lannisters of Lannisport, and Stafford Lannister, the eldest son of Lady Marla Prester and the late Ser Jason, along with half a dozen common girls who met them in the woods by Feastfire for purposes of dalliance. The hostages were later exchanged at Castamere.
A Game of Thrones
The Prester banner is seen among Lord Tywin Lannister's army in the riverlands. During the siege of Riverrun, the south camp is under the command of Ser Forley Prester. When Robb Stark attacks and surprises the other camps and Forley sees they are lost, he retreats in good order from the Battle of the Camps. However, a Tyroshi sellsword commanding Forley's freeriders goes over to the foe.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
Ser Forley joins Ser Daven Lannister to march on Riverrun and besiege it again with the Freys. Forley commands the escort which will bring Ser Edmure Tully and Jeyne Westerling to Casterly Rock. He is ordered by Ser Jaime Lannister to kill Edmure or Jeyne should either of them try to escape.
House Prester at the end of the third century
The known Presters during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Prester, slain by Lord Dalton Greyjoy's men in 133 AC while trying to retake Fair Isle.
- Lord Prester during the Reyne-Tarbeck rebellion.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- The World of Ice & Fire: The Westerlands (unabridged). georgerrmartin.com
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Lannister Lineage.