Jeyne Marbrand, as depicted by Magali Villeneuve in The World of Ice & Fire.
|Title||Lady of Casterly Rock|
|Born||In ~203–230 AC|
|Died||In 255 AC, Casterly Rock|
|Spouse||Lord Tytos Lannister|
|Book||The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
Lady Jeyne Marbrand was a member of House Marbrand who became Lady of Casterly Rock. She was the wife of Lord Tytos Lannister and mother to his five children, including the present lord, Tywin Lannister.
Appearance and Character
Jeyne was a "solemn, shy, plain-faced child" who blossomed into a great beauty.
The daughter of Alyn Marbrand,[N 1] Lord of Ashemark, Jeyne was married to Tytos Lannister in 235 AC, in a double ceremony with Tytos's older brother, Ser Tion, who married Lady Ellyn Reyne.
Lady of Casterly Rock
Tion died the following year, however, leaving Ellyn a widow. With her influence waning at Casterly Rock, Ellyn tried to seduce Tytos, the new heir, to convince him to set Jeyne aside. He did not go through with the act, but went to Jeyne and confessed it all. Jeyne forgave her husband, but not Ellyn. Jeyne told Lord Gerold Lannister, who married off Ellyn to Lord Walderan Tarbeck, thereby removing her from Casterly Rock. Lord Toad, the fool at the Rock, called the resulting bitter rivalry between Jeyne and Ellyn the War of the Wombs.
Jeyne remained, and gave birth to five children in total. In 242 AC, she birthed Tytos his heir, a boy named Tywin. Two years later, she gave birth to a second son, Kevan, and the year after a daughter, Genna. Jeyne also had another son, Tygett.
Tytos became Lord of Casterly Rock, and Jeyne its lady, with the death of Lord Gerold in 244 AC. Jeyne's reactions to Tytos's rule are not known, nor the reaction to her daughter's early betrothal to Emmon Frey in 252 AC. Giving birth in 255 AC for the fifth time, Jeyne delivered a healthy son, Gerion, but she died within a month. While Tytos had always been known as "the Laughing Lion", after Jeyne's death no one could call him that anymore.
- ↑ According to the unabridged version of "The Westerlands" chapter of The World of Ice & Fire, Jeyne's father was Lord Denys Marbrand, not Lord Alyn.
- ↑ See the Jeyne Marbrand calculation.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Gerion Lannister.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Lannister Lineage.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The World of Ice & Fire: The Westerlands (unabridged). georgerrmartin.com