|Born||In 285–287 AC, Westerlands|
A Game of Thrones (appendix)|
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
|Played by||Dean-Charles Chapman|
|TV series||Season 3|
Martyn Lannister is a squire from House Lannister. He is the third son of Ser Kevan Lannister and Lady Dorna Swyft and twin to Willem. In the television adaptation Game of Thrones, Martyn is portrayed by Dean-Charles Chapman.
Lord Gawen Westerling once proposed that his daughter Jeyne wed Martyn or his brother, Willem Lannister, but the twins' father, Ser Kevan Lannister, refused because of House Westerling's connection with House Spicer.
A Clash of Kings
Martyn is a part of the army gathered by Ser Stafford Lannister at Oxcross. He is among those captured when Robb Stark, King in the North, and his army take the Lannister force by surprise in the Battle of Oxcross.
A Storm of Swords
After the murders of Willem and Tion at the hands of Lord Rickard Karstark, Robb fears for Martyn's survival. Guilt-ridden over Rickard's actions, Robb triples the guard around Martyn and arranges for him to be exchanged for Robett Glover.
A Feast for Crows
While speaking about Lord Lancel Lannister's decision to leave his wife, Amerei Frey, and Castle Darry in order to swear service as part of the newly reformed Faith Militant, Genna Lannister proposes to Ser Jaime Lannister the idea of Martyn, Lancel's younger brother, marrying Amerei to secure Darry for House Lannister.
- See the Martyn Lannister calculation
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Martyn Lannister.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 32, Sansa III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 20, Catelyn III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.