Pyke is one of the larger islands among the Iron Islands, an archipelago located on Ironman's Bay, on the western side of Westeros. Pyke is located east of Saltcliffe, southeast of Great Wyk, and southwest of Harlaw. Pyke is a day's sail from Harlaw. Smallfolk claim House Greyjoy's castle of Pyke is named after the island.
Pyke is not as large nor as rich as Great Wyk, Harlaw, and Orkmont. The island is home to a castle, also called Pyke, the seat of House Greyjoy, whose lord is known as the Lord Reaper of Pyke. Near the castle is the port town of Lordsport, the seat of House Botley, which provides safe anchor for those who wish to reach Pyke. The town of Iron Holt on the northern coast of the isle is the seat of House Wynch, who are also a strong house on Pyke. Cold sea winds howl across the island, whose surrounding waters are often stormy.
The ancient castle of Pyke was once part of mainland Pyke, but is now located on small islands and stone stacks after segments of land fell into the sea. Hrothgar of Pyke was an ironborn warrior of old.
Pretenders arose on Great Wyk, Old Wyk, Orkmont, and Pyke after the death of Harren the Black during Aegon's Conquest. House Greyjoy ultimately became the new Lords of the Iron Islands after submitting to King Aegon I Targaryen.
A Clash of Kings
In preparation for his plan to attack the north, Balon Greyjoy, the Lord of the Iron Islands, gathers confiscated merchant ships, dozens of longships, and countless fishing ships to the harbor of Lordsport.
A Storm of Swords
Balon, King of the Isles and the North, falls to his death from the castle of Pyke. The Seastone Chair is claimed by Balon's brother, Euron Crow's Eye, who drowns Sawane Botley after the Lord of Lordsport Sawane objects.
A Feast for Crows
Euron has Maester Wendamyr send ravens demanding the ironborn pay homage to him at Pyke. Euron's supporters on Pyke include Alyn Orkwood, Jon Myre, Lucas Codd, Harren Half-Hoare, the Red Oarsman, Kemmett Pyke, Rodrik Freeborn, and Torwold Browntooth.
Aeron Damphair calls for a kingsmoot on Old Wyk. While Sawane's heir, Tristifer Botley, advocates for Asha Greyjoy, Euron supports Germund Botley and gives some Botley land to Lord Waldon Wynch. The kingsmoot selects Euron at Old Wyk.
- prayer of Aeron Greyjoy
- Dunstan Drumm at the kingsmoot
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: Pyke.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Greyjoys of Pyke.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- ↑ A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 56, The Iron Suitor.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The North: Kings of Winter.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Iron Kings.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Black Blood.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Red Kraken.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Old Way and the New.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.