The Drumm. © Fantasy Flight Games
|Alias|| The Drumm|
|Title|| Lord of Old Wyk|
Captain of the Thunderer
|Born||In 212 AC or later, at Old Wyk|
|Book(s)|| A Clash of Kings (mentioned)|
A Storm of Swords (appendix)
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
Appearance and Character
Dunstan is an old man, but not as old as Erik Ironmaker. Lord Drumm carries the Valyrian steel sword Red Rain, and he is served by Andrik the Unsmiling, who is possibly the fiercest warrior of the Iron Islands.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
After Balon falls to his death at Pyke, Lord Dunstan puts forth his name for consideration at the kingsmoot at Old Wyk. His champions are his two sons, Denys and Donnel, as well as Andrik the Unsmiling. Dunstan's speech about the history of House Drumm, from Dale the Dread to Gormond the Oldfather bores the attendees, however. When his chests of gifts are opened, the ironborn sneer at the bronze treasures. Euron Greyjoy is instead chosen King of the Isles and the North.
After the taking of the Shields, Lord Captain Victarion Greyjoy and Nute the Barber spot Dunstan talking with Lord Rodrik Harlaw and Lord Gorold Goodbrother in the castle yard at Lord Hewett's Town. They discuss their fears that the gains from the battle are little compared to the enmity of the Reach they have earned. Euron deprives Lord Drumm of the service of Andrik by granting Southshield to the warrior.
- Dunstan at the kingsmoot
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ See the Dunstan Drumm calculation.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Dunstan Drumm.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 37, Theon III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.