Old Wyk is one of the islands that make up the Iron Islands, located in Ironman's Bay and inhabited by the ironborn. It is home to the noble houses Stonehouse, Goodbrother of Shatterstone, and Drumm. It is located east of Great Wyk and west of Orkmont. Lord Dunstan Drumm is known as the Lord of Old Wyk.
The ironborn consider Old Wyk to be the holiest of all the Iron Islands. The Grey King slew a legendary sea dragon, Nagga, upon its shores, and it is the place where kingsmoots took place for thousand of years. It is on Old Wyk where the First Men found the Seastone Chair, the traditional throne of the Iron Islands.
When a sept was built on Old Wyk during the reign of King Horgan Hoare, the drowned men burned the sept, killed the septon, and drowned its congregation. The king reacted by slaughtering the priests of the Drowned God, earning him the sobriquet Horgan Priestkiller.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, A Feast for Crows-Map of the Iron Islands
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 19, Arya.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Black Blood.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.