|House Risley of Risley Glade|
|Coat of arms||
A black knight on a black rearing horse on white, bearing a golden lance and a white shield, upon which is seen the above in miniature|
(Argent, a knight mounted upon a horse forcené sable bearing a lance or and a shield of the field itself charged with the whole)
House Risley of Risley Glade is a noble house from the Reach, sworn to House Tyrell of Highgarden. Their seat is Risley Glade.
According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with a black knight on a black rearing horse on white, bearing a golden lance and a white shield, upon which is seen the above in miniature.
Ser Victor Risley sided with the greens and declared for Aegon II Targaryen during the Dance of the Dragons. He was a member of the Caltrops, conspiring to assassinate the Two Betrayers. Following the war, he served as the King's Justice for the young King Aegon III, raised to the office by Lord Unwin Peake, one of the few surviving Caltrops. Ser Victor was found to be conspiring in an assassination attempt on Queen Daenaera Velaryon. He was slain by Ser Gareth Long when he demanded a trial by combat.
Lord Risley, who was married to a daughter of Lord Ambrose Butterwell by his first wife, attended the Whitewalls tourney in 212 AC. Ser Eden Risley participated in the tourney and had his leg crushed by his horse.
House Risley at the end of the third century
The known Risleys during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- no member has appeared yet.
- Ser Victor Risley, the Knight of Risley Glade, the King's Justice for Aegon III Targaryen.
- Lord Risley, the head of the house during the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen.
- Daughter of Lord Ambrose Butterwell, his wife.
- Ser Eden Risley, a knight during the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Mystery Knight.