Talk: War of the Five Kings
I think the end of the war has been called a tad prematurely, Stannis maybe be down but he is not out(ignoring apparent demise in ADWD) also Euron Greyjoy is technically continuing his brothers war just under a wider scope. Azza65 17:26, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- Since the War of the Five Kings is a general term for a series of wars, not all of them were at the same time, anot all of them had the same players, and not all of the mhad the same goals, the only link is that Westeros had several wars taking place at roughlu the same time on it's soil. Since Stannis considers the Lannisters userpation of his throne the start of the war, and is still fighting the Lannisters, that is one war that is still ongoing. Since the Lannisters have inherited the war with the Ironborn after defeating the Starks, and the Ironborn have decided that they want all of Westeros, that is another war that is still ongoing. At the same time, there is Aegon's landing. That means that there was never a point from Robert's death and until the end of ADWD that there were not several wars in Westeros. I think that the article needs to be edited to show that. Nyrhex 22:45, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
King Stannis on the Wall
I think that 'King Stannis' section belong in the main part of the article, not in the 'Peripheral Theaters' he is still fighting the war of succession only taking a little detour. --Mor 07:58, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
I am trying to expand the 'War of the five kings' entry, IMO it can benefit from some context, so we understand why everything happened, I would love some help with this. --Mor 18:04, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
Any thought on what type of maps do you want to see here? I think it should be split into either campaign or time slices because otherwise it would be very confusing to understand anything from them, I have uploaded a few basic edits I made on the current map set for reference. --Mor 03:11, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
When did Robb stark learned of the ironmen return to the Iron islands, before his decision to end his campaign and march back north or before? --Mor 10:05, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
I think we should add a 'Belligerents'(or factions?) section, basicly expanded on the information that is givin in the infobox, providing a summary of who are the main players and their factions (who support them etc, their strength etc). I'd love someone can start this as I am still working on the other sections. --Mor 00:28, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
We can also add a forces summary her... The lack of response make me wonder of its a bad idea or just no one want to take it on himself... if its the later, I dont mind to start the ball rolling. --Mor 10:01, 6 May 2012 (UTC)
we got 3 kings fighting for the Throne, 2 separatists and 2 houses neutral.
- Joff, hold the Kings landing/Iron throne and has the support of his mother house, the lannisters.
- Rob, has the support of his father bannermens and later the support of House Tully but unfortunately the Arryns dont answer his calls. He has initial force of 18,000 swords, which he takes down south and later ... need to calculate.
- The Arryns sit on the fence, The Martells pledge their support and mobilize but do not move.
How can we show the other 3 sides in the info box. --Ser Ash the Red 18:35, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
- I completely forgot, I wanted to ask you about your edit to the Template:Infobox Military Conflict. anyway now that you mention it, I dont think that we can do it in the current layout, at least not without making it completely unreadable and brake the layout. maybe of I use rows instead of columns (when we have more than 2 combatants) it will be better i'll need to experiment with this a little. Mor 19:07, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
- I changed it, thou I must say it doesnt look any better. Mor 20:06, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
- the best I can do is make it collapsible.... Mor 20:09, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
- well it's the best I can do, feel free to adapt it or rollback it / replace it with a specific table that fits better here. Mor 02:15, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
I think that the 'War of the Five Kings is a very good article, however I feel that it got a little overgrown by none directly related Peripheral Theaters, does anyone have any objection for splitting it? Mor 19:07, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
I suggest we start by splitting the Peripheral Theater 'Beyond the Wall' into 'Conflict beyond the wall' that will include:
- Battle of the Fist of the First Men
- Battle of Castle Black wilding siege of Castle Black
- Stannis Battle bellow the wall.
Mor 06:16, 11 October 2011 (UTC)