House Tully is one of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms. They are an old noble house of First Men origin, dating back to the Age of Heroes. After his father bent the knee to the Andal conqueror Armistead Vance, Axel Tully was given land at the junction of the Red Fork and the Tumblestone, where the Tullys constructed their seat of Riverrun.
The Tullys were never river kings, but they rose to prominence during Aegon's Conquest. Edmyn Tully, Lord of Riverrun, was the first of the river lords to desert King Harren Hoare, giving his support to Aegon the Conqueror. For this Aegon rewarded him with dominion over the riverlands as the Lord Paramount of the Trident. During the Dance of the Dragons, House Tully was divided on which side to support. Late in the war the young Kermit Tully inherited the rule over the riverlands. Despite his young age, he fought tirelessly for Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen and her son, King Aegon III, bringing House Tully to the height of their power. However, they have had problematic bannermen, including the Blackwoods, Brackens, and Freys. During Robert's Rebellion, House Tully became involved in the conflict when Lord Hoster Tully accepted the betrothals of his daughters, Catelyn and Lysa, to Lords Eddard Stark and Jon Arryn. Read More...
- "You may well have the better claim, but I have the larger army." – Renly Baratheon 
- "You know the saying about the Hand?" – Robert Baratheon
"What the King dreams, the Hand builds." – Eddard Stark
"I bedded a fishmaid once who told me the lowborn have a choicer way to put it. The king eats, they say and the Hand takes the shit." – Robert 
- "Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong." – Three-eyed crow to Bran Stark 
Did you know...
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 4, Eddard I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 34, Bran III.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: Asshai.com Interview in Barcelona (July 28, 2012)
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 27, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 6, Arya I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 22, Arya II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 45, The Blind Girl.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 64, The Ugly Little Girl.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 5, Jon I.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.