Chataya and Alayaya by Amok©
|Born||In 282 AC or 283 AC, at King's Landing|
|Book(s)|| A Clash of Kings (appears)|
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (mentioned)
Appearance and Character
- See also: Images of Alayaya
Alayaya is a beautiful young Summer Islander who speaks the Common Tongue with only a light accent. She is taller than Shae but not as tall as her own mother. Of her, Tyrion feels that "a sweeter, braver, more innocent girl he had seldom met".
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
Thanks to Varys, who shows him a secret passage between a small stable and Chataya's establishment, Tyrion Lannister uses Alayaya as a cover for his nocturnal visits to Shae. She spends this free time pretending to be learning how to read with the Hand of the King. Just before the Battle of the Blackwater, she is abducted by the Kettleblack brothers at Queen Cersei Lannister's demand in order to pressure Tyrion. She is freed afterwards by Lord Tywin Lannister, who has her publicly whipped. As an effort to repay her sacrifice and pain, Tyrion gave her some jewels.
A Storm of Swords
Quotes about Alayaya
|“||You are very beautiful, Alayaya. From head to heels, every part of you is lovely.||”|
|“||Alayaya was a whore, true enough, but a sweeter, braver, more innocent girl he had seldom met.||”|
|“||They tied her to a post in the yard and scourged her, then shoved her out the gate naked and bloody.||”|
|“||At Chataya's I bedded the black-skinned girl. Alayaya, I believe she is called. Exquisite, despite the stripes on her back.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ See the Alayaya calculation.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 15, Tyrion III.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 4, Tyrion I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 39, Arya VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 29, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 54, Tyrion XII.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 12, Tyrion II.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.