Brotherhood without banners/Theories
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Theories may be removed if ...|
According to these theories the Brotherhood without Banners may be planning a large assault on the Freys and Lannisters.
- Brienne has been told to bring Jaime to the Brotherhood.
- Brienne meets Jaime in the Riverlands and tells him he has to go with her alone, or the Hound will kill Sansa Stark.
- Lady Stoneheart may want to hang Jaime.
- However she may intend to use him to gain access to Riverrun.
- Jaime's cousin Daven Lannister is arranged to marry a Frey. It is likely the wedding will take place at Riverrun, which is under Frey control and which Daven has remained at, having led the Westerlands forces besieging Riverrun.
- The Brotherhood may be intending to attack at this Frey-Lannister wedding, killing many of their enemies.
- Brynden Tully went on the run in the Riverlands just before Riverrun was taken.
- As Catelyn's uncle and a fugitive from the Freys and Lannisters, he would be a natural ally of the Brotherhood.
- Edmure Tully somehow convinced him to lift the siege.
- Edmure was left alone with Tom Sevenstrings by Jaime.
- Tom may have arranged with Edmure to send his uncle to join the Brotherhood.
Attack on Riverrun
- Tom Sevenstrings is listed as still being a member of the Brotherhood without Banners in the Appendixes.
- He has remained in Riverrun.
- Tom may have been sent there as an informant in preparation for an attack.