From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
The Great Bastards was the nickname used to refer to the sons and daughters of King Aegon IV Targaryen sired on noblewomen.
The Great Bastards were legitimized by Aegon while on his deathbed.
The Great Bastards
- Daemon Waters, born to Princess Daena Targaryen in 170 AC, later in life known as Daemon I Blackfyre.
- Aegor Rivers, born to Lady Barba Bracken in 172 AC, later in life known as Bittersteel.
- Mya Rivers, born to Lady Barba Bracken in 172 AC or 173 AC.
- Gwenys Rivers, born to Lady Barba Bracken in 173 AC or 174 AC.
- Brynden Rivers, born to Lady Barba Bracken in 175 AC, later in life known as Bloodraven.
- Shiera, born to Lady Serenei of Lys in 178–184 AC, later in life known as Shiera Seastar.
Others characters could be part of the Great Bastards as well, such as:
- Bellenora Otherys (b. 161–170 AC), Narha Otherys (b. 162–171 AC), and Balerion Otherys (b. 163–172 AC), the bastards of Aegon IV by Bellegere Otherys. Bellegere was the daughter of a son of a Sealord of Braavos and a Summer Islander princess. However, we currently do not know if her parents were married and thus if Bellegere herself can be counted as a noblewoman or not.
- Viserys Plumm (b. 176 AC or 177 AC) is rumored to be the son of Aegon by his cousin Princess Elaena Targaryen.
- Another rumor claims that Aegon had bastards with all three of Lord Butterwell's daughters.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon IV.
- ↑ The Winds of Winter, Chapter , Mercy.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Baelor I.
- ↑ The Mystery Knight.