- Drogo, heir to Khal Bharbo. He eventually succeeded his father as khal.
- Fogo, heir to Khal Ogo. He becomes khal when his father is killed, but is himself slain shortly after.
- Rhaego, heir to Khal Drogo, proclaimed to be the stallion who mounts the world, but stillborn following Mirri Maz Duur's bloodmagic ritual.
- Rhogoro, heir to Khal Moro.
Princess, hear me. The Dothraki will not follow a suckling babe. Drogo's strength was what they bowed to, and only that. When he is gone, Jhaqo and Pono and the other kos will fight for his place, and this khalasar will devour itself. The winner will want no more rivals. The boy will be taken from your breast the moment he is born. They will give him to the dogs …
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 36, Daenerys IV.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 46, Daenerys V.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 64, Daenerys VIII.
- Dothraki Wiki, Vocabulary
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 54, Daenerys VI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 61, Daenerys VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 68, Daenerys IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 3, Daenerys I.