Talk: Did you know
Working of template
Code: ... that the Sand Snakes are the cousins of Rhaegar Targaryen's children, Aegon and Rhaenys?
After the caracter '/' the number of the subpage is calculated depending of the number of days left in the current month. From this ' number-of-days-left' the module (remainder of division) is taken of a number which much correspond with the number of 'Little-facts' present.
For exemple there are now (10:00, 22 May 2008 (CDT)) 15 Facts, thus the module 15 of the 'number of days left' is taken. The result varies between 0 en 14. To this result 1 is added, so the result will correspond with the collection of 'Little-facts'.
Now from the numer is added to the last part of 'Did you know/', for exemple 9 so the result is call as template to Did you know/9.
This brings: ... that Anguy, Thoros, and Sandor Clegane—the respective winners of the archery, mêlée, and jousting competitions during the Hand's tourney—are all present when Arya Stark visits the hollow hill?
I just added a few new entries, following the same structure that was in used in all the last entries. Starting the sentence with 'Did you know...', however, looking at the main page, it seems to me that the 'Did you know' part is kind of redundant and only adds clutter. What you guys think? --Mor 19:25, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
I've replaced the number 40 (which was located after number of days left) with the number 60, seeing as there are now 60 facts on the page. I was wondering if this was correct? If anyone could verify..?
- Hi, I think it works.Scafloc 09:35, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, good. So it's correct that after (days left in the month) mod the total number of facts should be placed.
- For example, now there are 60 facts, so after mod I've put 60. Should there be 61 facts, than after mod should be placed 61?--Rhaenys_Targaryen 13:00, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- Yup, that is correct.Scafloc 21:11, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
One of the DYKs notes that "Cersei" is pronounced the same as "Circe". This can hardly be true, as Circe is pronounced [kírkɛː]. --Potsk (talk) 13:15, 22 May 2021 (UTC)
- ↑ Rhaenys and Aegon were the children of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia Martell. Elia was the sister of Oberyn Martell (A Game of Thrones, Appendix). The eight Sand Snakes are Oberyn's bastard daughters (A Feast for Crows, Appendix)
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.