Talk: Shella Whent
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
History / Lineage
The history about the lineage of Shella Whent looks a little bit confusing. Could it be that she is indeed a Whent by blood and married her cousin? That's not unusual in Westeros! --Exodianecross (talk) 22:51, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- That's the current consensus. What/How do you want to clarify the situation ? I don't think we have textual information to back up an other option for the moment.
- --Thomaerys Velaryon (talk) 23:05, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- She was indeed a Whent by birth:
- He came here as a boy. Smithed for Lady Whent and her father before her and his father before him, and even for Lord Lothston who held Harrenhal before the Whents. (ACOK, Chapter 47)
- With the rule of Harrenhal belonging to the Whents, and Shella's father and grandfather having ruled the castle after the last Lothston, Shella thus was born a Whent. We further have confirmation from GRRM that Shella was the mother of the "fair maid" during the tourney of 281, telling us that she was a mother dof five children, and the wife of Lord Walter Whent. Walter, we know, was also a Whent by birth, as evidenced by the name of his brother, Ser Oswell Whent. So Shella married a cousin. The only thing we do not yet know, is how closely (or distantly) they were related before their marriage.
- Could you define what exactly you find confusing in the text, so qe can perhaps present it in another way? --Rhaenys Targaryen (talk) 07:06, 16 June 2019 (UTC)