A dwarf is a person with dwarfism.
Some cultures, both in Westeros and Essos, do not suffer dwarfs to live, such as the Dothraki, the free folk and, in the past, the people of the Three Sisters. Septons halted the Sistermen's practice of casting dwarfs into the Bite as sacrifices to their gods, however.
Some dwarfs refer to people of normal stature as "big folk" or "big people".
- Tyrion Lannister, son of Lord Tywin Lannister
- Penny, a mummer
- The ghost of High Heart, a woods witch
- Hop-Bean, a mummer
- Mushroom, a fool in the courts of Viserys I Targaryen and Aegon II Targaryen
- dwarf agents of Brynden Rivers
- Bobono, a Braavosi mummer at the Gate
- Oppo, a mummer
- the pious dwarf
- small dwarfs in the House of the Undying, including a servitor
- a dwarf jester in service at Skyreach
- a dwarf maester in service on the Fingers
- a female dwarf amongst the silent sisters
- a dwarf whore in King's Landing
|“||Cersei: Father, I beg you to put him in fetters, for your own protection. You see how he is.
|“||You are insolent. I like that in a dwarf.||”|
|“||When there were kings on the Sisters, we did not suffer dwarfs to live. We cast them all into the sea, as an offering to the gods. The septons made us stop that. A pack of pious fools. Why would the gods give a man such a shape but to mark him as a monster?||”|
|“||The gods made you a dwarf. Must you be a fool as well? You were born a lion, not a monkey.||”|
|“||You mustn't mock him. Don't you know anything? You can't talk that way to a big person. They can hurt you. Ser Jorah could have tossed you in the sea. The sailors would have laughed to see you drown. You have to be careful around big people. Be jolly and playful with them, keep them smiling, make them laugh, that's what my father always said. Didn't your father ever tell you how to act with big people?||”|
|“||You're brave. Little people can be brave.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 9, Davos I.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 3, Daenerys I.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 14, Tyrion IV.
- ↑ The Winds of Winter, Chapter , Mercy.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 40, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 1, Tyrion I.
- ↑ The Winds of Winter, Chapter , Tyrion.