A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
While the wealthiest knights manage more land than the poorest lords, landed knights do not have the authority to deliver justice in their land, the right of pit and gallows. Rather, they must appeal to their liege lord. Landed knights are sworn to fight for the lord who holds dominion over their land.
According to George R. R. Martin, some landed knights are more powerful than smaller lordlings. These knights are usually of ancient houses, with extensive lands, and strong castles. Their status is often reflected by taking a style that incorporates the name of their castle, such as Symond Templeton being the "Knight of Ninestars". A landed knight generally has less prestige, however, and is outranked by lords at feasts and tourneys.
- Ser Gregor Clegane
- Ser Ronnet Connington, the Knight of Griffin's Roost
- Ser Gerold Dayne, the Knight of High Hermitage
- Ser Deziel Dalt, the Knight of Lemonwood
- Ser Lorent Lorch
- Ser Symon Santagar, the Knight of Spottswood
- Ser Symond Templeton, the Knight of Ninestars