Maiden's Day curse
A ball was to be held for King Aegon III Targaryen, so he could choose his bride. It was no secret that the Hand of the King, Lord Unwin Peake wished for Aegon to choose his daughter Lady Myrielle Peake. A number of rumors or ill fortune befell several promising highborn ladies prior to the ball.
- Cassandra Baratheon was again rumored to have had a part in Queen Jaehaera's death.
- Ysabel Staunton was said to be fond of wine.
- Elinor Massey was rumored to not be a virgin.
- Rosamund Darry was said to have had six nipples, for her mother had supposedly lain with a dog.
- Lyra Hayford was accused of having smothered an infant brother in a fit of jealousy.
- The "three Jeynes," Jeyne Smallwood, Jeyne Mooton, and Jeyne Merryweather were said to like dressing in squire's garb and visit brothels, fondling women as if they were boys.
- Tyshara Lannister was found abed with a groom. She said he climbed through her window, but Grand Maester Munkun found her maidenhead to be broken.
- Lucinda Penrose was set upon by outlaws whilst hawking, and her nose was slit.
- Falena Stokeworth took a tumble down the stairs and broke her leg.
- Lady Buckler and her daughters drowned when their boat sank in the Blackwater.
- Volantene maidens were carried off by corsairs from the Basilisk Isles on their way to King's Landing.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.