Styr, by Mike S Miller ©
|Title||Magnar of Thenn|
|Died||In 300 AC, Castle Black|
|Played by||Yuri Kolokolnikov|
|TV series||Game of Thrones: Season 4|
Appearance and Character
- See also: Images of Styr
Styr is a tall, lean man, with no ears. He is clean shaven and bald, with grey eyes and a straight nose. He rules with an iron fist and commands absolute loyalty from his men. Styr wears bronze scale armor and a helm and wields a weirwood spear with an ornate bronze head.
A Storm of Swords
As part of Mance's plan to breach the Wall, Styr, along with his co-commander Jarl and his men, is sent ahead to scale the Wall and take Castle Black by surprise from the rear. After scaling the wall, Jon, who is assigned to Styr's raiding party, betrays them at Queenscrown and warns the Night's Watch of the coming attack.
A Feast for Crows
Twenty-odd Thenns were still huddled together between the fires when the ice cracked from the heat, and the whole lower third of the stair broke off, along with several tons of ice. That was the last that Jon Snow saw of Styr, the Magnar of Thenn. The Wall defends itself.—thoughts of Jon Snow
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Styr.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 26, Jon III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 55, Jon VII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 41, Jon V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.