A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
Hi Ryangibsonstewart, I noticed you uploaded a new image : File:Gilly art.jpg. Could you give some info about the copyright status prerably by using our Template:Copyright tags. Cheers, Scafloc 08:28, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
- Done. It was the same copyright status as File:Only water by cabepfir.jpg. Ryangibsonstewart 04:05, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- The image was created by sir-heartsalot, who has previously given permission for artwork to be on the wiki. See here. Ryangibsonstewart 21:02, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
Hi! I noticed you reversed my recent edit to Ygritte's page. I changed the main image for two reasons: first, I thought Steamey's image was a better representation of Ygritte's persona, and second, Amok's interpretation of the character exists elsewhere on the page. Why the reversal?
- GRRM has said that Amok's characterizations are some of his favorites, and that Amok depicts many characters the way GRRM imagines them to be. Amok was chosen to illustrate many of the official character portraits, including the covers of the Dunk and Egg series and portraits of the Targaryens, which were included in The Art of A Song of Ice and Fire. I like Steamy's art, but it's not about what an individual prefers, especially since there is no "official" portrait of Ygritte. But if it's something you feel strongly about, feel free to bring it up on the character's talk page. Ryangibsonstewart 04:29, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
- In general I think characterization is a bit more important that portrait-like-ness, hence Dany with dragons, Bran "flying" with the raven, Jon at the Wall, seductive Arianne, Arya as Cat, etc. Sometimes Amok's portraits characterize well (Catelyn, Cersei), and other times not so much (Ygritte). That said, I don't care enough to start another conversation about it on another page. Cheers!
- Good point. And I didn't realize there was already another Amok portrait on that page. That does seem redundant. I'll make a change... Thanks! Ryangibsonstewart 05:30, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
Copyright for images from "The World of Ice and Fire"
maybe you could join this discussion about the copyright for images from "The World of Ice and Fire".