Forley Prester, by SquisherKing
A Game of Thrones (mentioned)|
A Clash of Kings (appendix)
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (appears)
Appearance and Character
Forley is short and hard, with a pinched nose, a bald pate and grizzled brown beard. Despite bearing a bull on his surcoat and a bull-horned helm, Jaime Lannister thinks Forley looks more like an innkeep than a bull. However, like most innkeeps he is no man's fool. Jaime thinks Forley would make an able Hand of the King.
A Game of Thrones
Forley serves in Ser Jaime Lannister's host at the beginning of the War of the Five Kings, taking part in the Battle of the Golden Tooth and the Battle of Riverrun. When Robb Stark smashes Jaime's host beneath the walls of Riverrun, Forley commands the southern camp. Upon seeing that the other two besieging camps are lost, he retreats in good order, saving two thousand spearmen and as many bowmen.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Once Ser Daven Lannister reforms the army that had gathered in Lannisport, he is to link up with Forley at the Golden Tooth and march on the Riverlands. They are tasked with attacking Riverrun after the Red Wedding.
A Feast for Crows
Forley commands one of the major forces at the Second Siege of Riverrun, which is comprised of the remnants of Ser Jaime Lannister's former command and the Riverlords who have bent the knee to King Tommen I. Forley is made part of Jaime's war council during the siege.
- A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide: Banners of the Westerlands
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- The Tooth and Tyroshi, (December 17, 1999) So Spake Martin
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.