Lord of Greenstone
|Lord of Greenstone|
|Office||Ruler of Greenstone|
|Current Holder||Lord Eldon Estermont|
|Heir||Ser Aemon Estermont|
A Clash of Kings
On the outset of the War of the Five Kings, Lord Estermont[N 1] declares for King Renly Baratheon. When he is preparing for battle against his brother Stannis Baratheon, Renly decides Lord Estermont[N 1] would command the reserve of his army. After Renly's death, Lord Estermont[N 1] turns his support to Stannis.
Lord Estermont[N 1] and his men fight in the Battle of the Blackwater. Lord Estermont[N 1] and two of his relatives, Ser Aemon and Ser Alyn Estermont, are made prisoners and bend the knee to King Joffrey I Baratheon after Stannis's defeat.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Estermont[N 1] is a guest at King Joffrey's royal wedding to Margaery Tyrell. He declares at Tyrion Lannister's trial that he saw Tyrion pick up the wedding chalice as Joffrey was dying and poured the remaining wine onto the floor.
A Feast for Crows
Known Lords of Greenstone
- Lord Estermont, ruling during the early reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Old Lord Estermont, the head of the house during the reign of King Robert I Baratheon.[N 1]
- Lord Eldon Estermont, the current Lord of Greenstone.
- The information about the genealogy of House Estermont is contradictory from books to books (for more information, see House Estermont/Family Trees). Therefore the unnamed old Lord Estermont mentioned in A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords and Lord Eldon Estermont could be the same character or two separate individuals. If it is the latter, then the old Lord Estermont would have died early in 300 AC.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.