|Title||Lord of Brightwater Keep (attainted)|
|Born||In or before 270 AC|
Alekyne Florent is the only son of Lord Alester Florent and Lady Melara Crane, and the heir to Brightwater Keep. He has two younger sisters, Melessa and Rhea.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Alester Florent and the rest of House Florent are attainted by the Iron Throne for pledging allegiance to Stannis Baratheon during the War of the Five Kings, and their castle, Brightwater Keep, is granted to Ser Garlan Tyrell.
A Feast for Crows
Alekyne becomes the new Lord of Brightwater after the death of his father, Alester. Because Garlan is preparing an army to claim Brightwater, Alekyne flees to Oldtown to seek refuge at the Hightower, where his sister Rhea is married to Lord Leyton Hightower, Garlan's maternal grandfather.
Behind the Scenes
Alekyne's name may be inspired by the World Chess Champion Alexander Alekhine as George R. R. Martin loves the game of chess and is a proficient player himself.
- ↑ See the Alekyne Florent calculation.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- ↑ The Independent, Song of Ice and Fire author George RR Martin on success, chess and the wrath of superfans, August 9, 2014