Leyton Hightower by Anna Christenson © Fantasy Flight Games
|Alias||Old Man of Oldtown|
Lord of the Hightower|
Lord of the Port
Voice of Oldtown
Defender of the Citadel
Beacon of the South
|Spouse||4th: Rhea Florent|
A Game of Thrones (appendix)|
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
Leyton Hightower, known as the Old Man of Oldtown, is the Lord of the Hightower and head of House Hightower. His other titles include the Voice of Oldtown, Lord of the Port, Defender of the Citadel, and Beacon of the South. Leyton's flagship is Honor of Oldtown.
Lord Leyton was unhorsed at a tourney at Storm's End by Ser Barristan Selmy. Lord Tywin Lannister offered his dwarf son, Tyrion, to Leyton for marriage to one of his daughters, but Leyton, feeling insulted by the suggestion, rejected Tywin's offer.
Leyton was present for the tourney at Lannisport held to celebrate the victory of the Iron Throne over the Greyjoy rebels during Greyjoy's Rebellion in 289 ᴀᴄ. There, his youngest daughter, Lynesse, was named the queen of love and beauty at the tourney's end by Ser Jorah Mormont, who had become smitten with Lynesse and who asked Leyton permission to marry her that same night. Leyton accepted the offer.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 45, Samwell V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 12, Daenerys I.
- A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.