|Died||In 299 AC, at Winterfell|
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (appears)
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Game of Thrones
Septon Chayle falls asleep reading about Grand Maester Aethelmure while Tyrion Lannister explores Winterfell's library. The library tower is set afire when the catspaw tries to assassinate Bran Stark.
A Clash of Kings
While they are sorting through some scrolls from Winterfell's library fire, Chayle tells Bran that the red comet "is the sword that slays the season." Bran thinks he probably is right since a white raven has arrived from Oldtown bringing word of autumn.
Jojen Reed foresees the death of Chayle in his green dreams. When Bran tells Chayle of his nearing death, Chayle holds to his faith. After Winterfell is taken by the ironborn, Chayle is struck when he tries to assist Palla, who has been raped. Theon Greyjoy has Chayle thrown into a well to honor the Drowned God.
Quotes by Chayle
|“||The gods will take me when they see fit, though I scarcely think it likely that I'll drown, Bran.||”|
Quotes about Chayle
|“||I bear you no ill will, but you and your gods have no place here now.||”|
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 33, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 9, Tyrion I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 35, Bran V.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 14, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 4, Bran I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 46, Bran VI.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 50, Theon IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.