|Title|| Lord of the Tides|
Master of Driftmark
|Died||In 299 AC, at Blackwater Rush|
|Book(s)|| A Clash of Kings (appears)|
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
Monford is handsome with long, fair hair. He sometimes wears sea-green silk with a white gold seahorse brooch.
A Clash of Kings
As a vassal of Dragonstone, Monford supports Stannis Baratheon's claim to the Iron Throne. However, he threatens to take his forces home if they do not strike soon. Lord Monford is present when Melisandre burns the sept on Dragonstone. When Ser Davos Seaworth notices that Monford watches Stannis rather than the conflagration, Davos thinks to himself the highborn Lord Velaryon would never confide in a man as lowborn as Davos.
Monford wants Stannis to sail from Dragonstone to King's Landing to challenge King Joffrey I Baratheon, but Stannis instead sails to Shipbreaker Bay against his brother, Renly Baratheon. During the siege of Storm's End, Stannis thinks that Lord Velaryon wants to assault the castle instead of starving it.
A Storm of Swords
- thoughts of Davos Seaworth
- Stannis Baratheon to Davos Seaworth
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Monford Velaryon.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Clash of Kings, Prologue.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 58, Davos III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 25, Davos III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.