Red temples are religious buildings of red stone used by followers of R'hllor, the Lord of Light. Red priests light nightfires at sunset, welcome the sun in the morning, and preach to crowds. Red temples purchase slaves as children and raise them to be priests, prostitutes, and warriors.
Known red temples
- Temple of the Lord of Light, in Braavos
- unspecified temples in Dorne
- a great temple in Lys
- at least one red temple in Myr
- a modest wharfside temple in Oldtown
- a great red temple in Pentos
- a temple of red stone in Selhorys
- at least one red temple in Tyrosh
- Temple of the Lord of Light, in Volantis
- Salladhor Saan to Davos Seaworth
- Yorko to Arya Stark
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 27, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 22, Tyrion VI.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 31, Melisandre I.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 6, Arya I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 2, The Captain Of Guards.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: The Quarrelsome Daughters: Myr, Lys, and Tyrosh.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 1, Tyrion I.