A Game of Thrones (comics)
|George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones|
|Series||A Song of Ice and Fire|
|Released||21 September 2011 – 30 July 2014|
|Cover Artist||Mike S. Miller|
|Followed by||George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings|
The comic book series is scripted by fantasy author Daniel Abraham and drawn by Tommy Patterson, with covers by Patterson and by Mike S. Miller. It was intended to follow the story and atmosphere of the novel closely, at a rate of about a page of art for each page of text, and covered 24 issues of 29 pages each. Martin advised Abraham on aspects of the adaptation.
Covers of the first 9 issues:
Four sets of six issues each were published by Bantam Books as trade paperbacks, marketed as a graphic novel. The first volume, published on March 27, 2012, took first place on the New York Times best-seller list for graphic books the day after its publication. The second volume was released on June 11, 2013 and featured issues 7 though 12. Issues 13 through 18 were released in a third volume on March 11, 2014. A fourth volume containing the last six issues was published May 5, 2015.
|Title||ISBN||Date of publication||Contains|
|A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One||978-0-440-42321-8||March 27, 2012||A Game of Thrones #1–6|
The Making of A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
|A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume Two||978-0-007-49304-3||June 11, 2013||A Game of Thrones #7–12
The Making of A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume Two
|A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume Three||978-0-440-42323-2||March 11, 2014||A Game of Thrones #13-18
The Making of A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume Three
|A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume Four||978-0-345-52919-0||May 5, 2015||A Game of Thrones #19-24
The Making of A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume Four
References and Notes
- Sunu, Steve (21 September 2011). "Abraham Plays "A Game of Thrones"". http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34496. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Comic Review: A Game Of Thrones #1". 21 September 2011. http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2011/09/21/comic-review-a-game-of-thrones-1/. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Dynamite Entertainment: George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones #24
- "First look: GAME OF THRONES: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL VOLUME 1". 13 December 2011. http://www.comicsbeat.com/2011/12/13/first-look-game-of-thrones-the-graphic-novel-volume-1/. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- Gustines, George Gene (6 April 2012). "Graphic Books Best Sellers: ‘Game of Thrones’ and the Avengers". New York Times. http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/graphic-books-best-sellers-game-of-thrones-and-the-avengers/. Retrieved 8 April 2012.