|Born||In 281 AC or 282 AC|
|TV series||Season 1|
Halder is a recruit of the Night's Watch. He is nicknamed Stone Head by Ser Alliser Thorne.
Appearance and Character
Halder is tall and muscular. Jon Snow thinks him incredibly strong, but easy to anticipate.
Sixteen years old in 298 AC, Halder is the son of a quarryman and apprenticed as a stonemason.
A Game of Thrones
Halder is in the same class of recruits as Jon Snow, where his ability to fight with a sword is dismissed with disdain by Jon. When Samwell Tarly arrives at the Wall, Ser Alliser Thorne sends Halder to be his first practice partner. Alliser tells Halder to hurt Sam, but he is stopped by Jon's intervention. Alliser has Halder, Rast, and Albett attack Jon, but they are soundly defeated when Pypar and Grenn aid Jon.
Halder is named to the builders after Alliser believes him ready to man the Wall. Halder helps carve the wolf's head for the new pommel of Longclaw. He is among the group of friends who stop Jon from abandoning the Night's Watch and forswearing himself.
A Clash of Kings
Before Grenn leaves with the great ranging, Halder and Pypar bring him to Mole's Town.
A Storm of Swords
When Jon becomes distracted while training with Iron Emmett, Halder and Horse protect Emmett from Jon. Halder congratulates Jon after he is chosen as the new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.
A Feast for Crows
Halder is still stationed at Castle Black.
A Dance with Dragons
Halder is one of the friends present in the new common hall who try to invite Lord Commander Snow to sit with them, to no avail. Jon later decides to separate his friends and transfers Halder west to the Shadow Tower.
—Halder to Matthar
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 26, Jon IV.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 41, Jon V.
- ↑ See the Halder calculation.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 19, Jon III.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 60, Jon VIII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 70, Jon IX.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 6, Jon I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 79, Jon XII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 10, Jon III.