|Title||Master of horse at Winterfell|
|Died||In 298 AC, the Red Keep, King's Landing|
Hullen is a member of the Stark household. He is the master of horse at Winterfell. He is the father of Harwin.
Arya Stark considers him to be an old man.
A Game of Thrones
Hullen is a member of the party that discovers the direwolves in the snow. He does not like the fact that direwolves are loose south of the Wall.
Hullen is a part of the entourage accompanying Lord Eddard Stark south when he is named Hand of the King by King Robert I Baratheon. He helps Sansa Stark mounting her horse before they leave for King's Landing. Upon his departure, he gives up the position of master of horse. He is killed when Eddard is arrested. While escaping the Lannister guards, Arya Stark founds him dying in the Red Keep's stables.
A Clash of Kings
The news of Hullen's death has made its way to Winterfell.
A Storm of Swords
Arya Stark tells Harwin about his father's death.
A Dance with Dragons
Theon Greyjoy recalls the people of Winterfell who are now dead, including Hullen.
He always said he'd die in a stable, but we all thought some bad-tempered stallion would be his death, not a pack of lions.—Harwin after learning of Hullen's death
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran I.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 17, Arya III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 80, Sansa VII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 14, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 50, Arya IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 21, Bran III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 51, Theon I.