Lord of Volmark
The Lord of Volmark is a title held by the head of House Volmark, the ruler of the Volmark on Harlaw.
Lord Qhorin Volmark claimed the title of King of the Iron Islands, as his grandmother was the younger sister of King Harwyn Hardhand. He was slain by King Aegon I Targaryen in 2 AC, however. Goren Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Islands, defeated a conspiracy to crown Qhorin's son in 33 AC.
Lord Volmark was put to the sword by westermen during Lady Johanna Lannister's invasion of the Iron Islands in 134 AC.
A Feast for Crows
Lord Maron Volmark is one of Victarion Greyjoy's supporters in the kingsmoot at Old Wyk.
After Euron Greyjoy is named king, he commands the ironborn to take the Shield Islands. During the feast celebrating the taking of the Shields, Lord Maron is named the new Lord of Greenshield by King Euron.
Known Lords of Volmark
- Lord Qhorin Volmark
- Lord Volmark, his son.
- Lord Volmark killed in 134 AC.
- Lord Maron Volmark, the current Lord of Volmark.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Greyjoys of Pyke.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.