Lady of Casterly Rock|
|Spouse||Lord Jason Lannister|
The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
Fire & Blood (mentioned)
- Not to be confused with Joanna Lannister, the wife of Tywin Lannister.
During the civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons, Lady Johanna's husband, Lord Jason Lannister, and his twin brother, Ser Tyland, supported the greens. Jason led his banners and marched to the field in support of King Aegon II Targaryen, but he was slain in the Battle at the Red Fork in 130 AC. After Jason's death, Johanna ruled the Rock as a regent for their young son, Lord Loreon Lannister. The Red Kraken, Lord Dalton Greyjoy, took advantage of the situation and attacked the westerlands causing much damage to the region. Lady Johanna barred the gates of Casterly Rock, but Dalton sacked nearby Lannisport.
The ironborn squabbled over Dalton's succession after the Red Kraken was murdered at Faircastle a few years later. Since the Lannister fleet had been destroyed by the Greyjoys, Johanna allied with the lord admiral of the Reach, Ser Leo Costayne, to have the westermen invade the Iron Islands in 134 AC. When Rodrik Greyjoy was taken to Casterly Rock as a captive, Johanna had him gelded and made him her son's fool.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Red Kraken.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.