Fair Isle is an island in the Sunset Sea, separated from the rest of the westerlands by the Straits of Fair Isle. The island is controlled by House Farman, whose seat Faircastle sits on it. The Crag is northeast of Fair Isle, while a peninsula containing Kayce and Feastfires is south of the island.
At some point Gylbert Farman successfully led the smallfolk of Fair Isle in rebellion against the ironborn. Erich V Harlaw, High King of the Iron Islands, eventually reconquered Fair Isle, but lost it when he grew old.
A Dance with Dragons
Duncan: Have you ever been to Fair Isle?
Aegon: No, ser, but they say it's fair.
- thoughts of Asha Greyjoy
- The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: Driftwood Crowns.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: Red Kraken.
- The Sworn Sword.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.