Racallio Ryndoon controlled a pirate kingdom from a sprawling wooden fortress on Bloodstone during the Daughters' War. Lord Unwin Peake, Hand of the King, sent Ser Gedmund Peake and Lord Alyn Velaryon to establish a Westerosi presence on Bloodstone. While Racallion was hosting many Braavosi and Tyroshi captains and envoys at Bloodstone, the Braavosi fleet in the Stepstones was defeated in Lord Alyn's attack. Alyn lacked the men to conquer Bloodstone from Racallio, however.
When Unwin tasked Lord Velaryon with sailing to the Sunset Sea to confront Lord Dalton Greyjoy, Alyn Oakenfist sailed into Bloodstone under a parley banner, as the Stepstones lay between the narrow sea and the Summer Sea. Racallio eventually allowed the Velaryons to pass the Stepstones and continue west.
- A Dance with Dragons, Map of the Free Cities
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.