From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
The Noyne is a river in northwestern Essos. The Rhoynar considered it a daughter of the Rhoyne and nicknamed it the Wild Daughter. Its headwaters lie in the Hills of Norvos and it flows south into the Rhoyne at the ruins of Ny Sar. The Free City of Norvos sits along its banks. Norvoshi galleys control the river as far south as Ny Sar.
The Andal king Qarlon the Great extended his control from Lorath to the headwaters of the Noyne, but he was eventually defeated by the Valyrian Freehold.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 14, Tyrion IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the Free Cities
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, The Free Cities.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Norvos.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Lorath.