From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Tyrion Lannister is the third and youngest child of Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock and his wife, Lady Joanna. Tyrion is an ugly and misshapen dwarf, and because of this he is sometimes mockingly called the Imp and the Halfman. Despite his deformation and the social stigma that comes with it, Tyrion's wit and intelligence prove to be great assets to the Lannister cause. However, a difficult relationship with his father, as well as with his sister, Queen Cersei, prove central obstacles to him and his ambitions. Thanks to the War of the Five Kings, Tyrion rises high, acting as Hand of the King to Joffrey I Baratheon, but he reaches his zenith at the Battle of the Blackwater, where he suffers a nearly-mortal wound that leaves him disfigured and pushed out of power.
Tyrion is one of the most distinctive and predominant POV characters in the series, often cited by George R. R. Martin as his favorite character. Read more
Did you know...
- Bronze Yohn Royce, Lord of Runestone, wears bronze armor, reputedly thousands of years old and worked with runes that are supposed to ward him from harm?
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 4, Eddard I, 41.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 77, Tyrion XI.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: The Sound of Young America Interview (September 19, 2011)
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Dorne: Dorne Against the Dragons.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.