|Died||In 101–121 AC|
Ellard Stark was the Lord of Winterfell and the head of House Stark during the late reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
At the Great Council of 101 AC, Lord Ellard supported first Princess Rhaenys Targaryen and then her son, Laenor Velaryon. This may have been because House Stark was angry with King Jaehaerys I Targaryen for earlier transferring the New Gift from northern control to the Night's Watch. Prince Viserys Targaryen, Rhaenys's cousin, was chosen by the assembled lords as the new heir, however.
Behind the Scenes
Earlier prints of The World of Ice & Fire state that Lord Ellard Stark was the lord who had been forced to give up the lands that would become known as the New Gift. However, it has been confirmed that this is an error, and that the statement would be replaced by "the Starks were glad" in later prints. It was revealed in Fire & Blood that Alaric Stark was the Lord of Winterfell during the creation of the New Gift.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Lords of Winterfell.
- ↑ See the Ellard Stark calculation.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Lords of Winterfell.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ Edric Stark was a grandson of Alaric Stark. It is unknown by which of Alaric's two sons, however.
- ↑ asoiaf.westeros.org: [TWOIAF Spoilers] Inconsistency or Intentional? (25 Nov, 2014)