|Title|| Lord of Winterfell|
Warden of the North
|Spouse||Lady Lorra Royce|
|Book(s)|| The World of Ice & Fire (appendix)|
The Mystery Knight (mentioned)
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
Beron Stark was Lord of Winterfell and head of House Stark during the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen. Beron became Lord of Winterfell after his brother Lord Rodwell Stark died without issue. He is the second son of Lord Brandon Stark and Lady Alys Karstark.
Lord Beron gathered swords to throw Lord Dagon Greyjoy's ironmen back into the sea and made common cause with the Lord of Casterly Rock for it. He was mortally wounded in the ensuing clash, and House Stark faced a crisis of succession as his wife and four other recent Stark widows made claim for their own children.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 69, Bran VII.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 41, The Turncloak.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: Boskone (Boston, MA; February 17-19) (February 17, 2006) - report 1
- ↑ So Spake Martin: Boskone (Boston, MA; February 17-19) (February 17, 2006) - report 2
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Stark Lineage.