Hill of Rhaenys
The Hill of Rhaenys or hill of Rhaenys, also called Rhaenys's Hill, is one of the three hills that dominate the city of King's Landing, the others being Visenya's Hill and Aegon's High Hill. Atop the hill lies the Dragonpit, a cavernous ruin which once housed the dragons of House Targaryen. The Street of the Sisters runs between the Hill of Rhaenys and Visenya's Hill.
The Sept of Remembrance was raised on the Hill of Rhaenys as a memorial to Queen Rhaenys Targaryen, who was lost during the First Dornish War. In 42 AC during the Faith Militant uprising, King Maegor I Targaryen destroyed the sept with the dragonfire of Balerion, as the building had been fortified by Warrior's Sons during the reign of King Aenys I Targaryen.
A Clash of Kings
References and Notes
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 18, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 20, Tyrion V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 15, Tyrion III.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Dorne: Dorne Against the Dragons.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aenys I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion XI.