From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Title||Lady of Harrenhal|
|Died||In +/- 300 AC|
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (Mentioned)|
A Clash of Kings (Mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (Mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (Mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (Mentioned)
According to a semi-canon response from George R. R. Martin, Shella was married to Lord Walter Whent, the brother of Ser Oswell Whent, and she was the mother of the fair maid of the tourney at Harrenhal. However, A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings state instead that Shella is from House Whent, and that her father and grandfather held Harrenhal before her.
A Game of Thrones
Lady Shella yields Harrenhal to forces belonging to House Lannister because she lacks the men to defend it during the War of the Five Kings. King Joffrey Baratheon grants Harrenhal to Janos Slynt and demands that Shella swear fealty to the new king.
A Clash of Kings
Arya Stark serves incognito at Harrenhal, where Shella's household had used only the lower thirds of two of Harrenhal's five towers. Gendry speaks of Ben Blackthumb, who had smithed for Shella, her father, her grandfather, and House Lothston.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
With all the semi-canon and canon information taken into account, this is the current tree for House Whent as described in the main series. However, A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings As Shella was a Whent by birth, yet her husband appears to have been a Whent by birth as well, it is possible that they were cousins. Until such confirmation, a clearer family tree showing all relations of the Whents cannot be depicted.
|Shella Whent||Walter Whent||Oswell Whent||Minisa Whent|
"the fair maid"
References and Notes
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 14, Arya.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Shella Whent entry of "So Spake Martin" states Shella was the mother of the "fair maid" at the Tourney at Harrenhal and therefore the spouse of Lord Whent.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Lady Whent, last of her line, who dwelt with her ghosts in the cavernous vaults of Harrenhal" Chapter 28
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "He came here as a boy. Smithed for Lady Whent and her father before her and his father before him, and even for Lord Lothston who held Harrenhal before the Whents." Chapter 47
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 28, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 57, Sansa.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 8, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 30, Arya.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 47, Arya.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 50, Arya.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne.