Baelish (father of Petyr)
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
(Redirected from Baelish (lord))
Lord Baelish as depicted in Game of Thrones: Histories & Lore.
|Born||In at least several years before 256 AC|
|Died||In 282–296 AC|
The father of Petyr Baelish was "the smallest of small lords" in the Vale of Arryn. His first name is unknown.
His grandfather was a Braavosi sellsword in the service of Lord Corbray, and his father was a hedge knight who took the head of the Titan of Braavos as his sigil when he was knighted. According to semi-canon sources, it was the hedge knight who acquired a small bit of land and a keep on the smallest of the Fingers.
During the War of the Ninepenny Kings, Lord Baelish became friends with Lord Hoster Tully. He later "cashed in" on the friendship to have his son Petyr fostered at Riverrun.
Lord Baelish died several years before the start of the series and was succeeded by his son, Petyr.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 See the Baelish (father of Petyr) calculation.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 17, Tyrion IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 68, Sansa VI.
- ↑ Game of Thrones: Histories & Lore - House Baelish (transcript on the Game of Thrones tv series wiki)
- ↑ So Spake Martin: US Signing Tour (Half Moon Bay, CA) (November 18, 2005)
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 18, Catelyn IV.