A Clash of Kings
While Daenerys Targaryen visits the port of Qarth to seek passage west, she meets a brass-seller who tries to sell her a large polished platter of brass. However, she refuses due to its unreasonably high price (thirty honors). While the merchant persists and negotiates a lower price with Daenerys, Ser Jorah Mormont warns her that two strangers have been following them. They use their reflection in the metal to observe the fat brown man and the old man. In the end, Daenerys buys the platter for two honors but she is attacked by a Sorrowful Man before she can leave the brass-seller. The old man saves her, and in the confusion Jorah slams the platter on the fat brown man's head which leaves the metal dented.
A Storm of Swords
A Dance with Dragons
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 27, Daenerys III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 42, Daenerys IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 20, Eddard IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 69, Jon IX.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 63, Victarion I.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Stormlands
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 63, Daenerys V.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 30, Daenerys V.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 55, The Queensguard.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 68, The Dragontamer.